WiFi USB Adapter

Be wary of buying this type of product, regardless of the brand (from what I concluded through reading several articles in the net).

I recently bought a wifi usb adapter to connect my desktop computer to wireless router. I resorted to this type of connection for the reason that I wanted to use my laptop and PC at the same time, without sharing the same internet cable from my provider. I got a D-Link wireless router (a pocket sized one) and it works perfectly with my laptop. So I'm pretty sure that my router is in good connection.

I purchase the wifi adapter from CD-R King, CD-R King brand. It comes with CD installer and an antenna. I installed the driver then plugged the usb adapter. At first, it was recognized. It really takes a long time before my PC detected and installed the hardware, like 30mins. After installation, I was dismayed because I can't connect to my wireless router even the hardware is recognized. So to make sure there's no problem with the installation, I check the DEVICE MANAGER. And that's it, I got the answer. There was a yellow exclamation placed on the name of he device. I checked the details, it said that "The device could not start" and that the error is code 10. I repeated the procedure of installation, but still no hope. That's when I started browsing the net to look for answers.

I read that many customers of wifi usb adapter are experiencing the same problem as mine, the "code 10". They mentioned different brands of adapter but all have the same problem, making me to conclude that it's regardless of the brand. Some of them gave some tips/solutions but didn't work for me, neither to those who also tested the advice. Some shared that they sought help from technical assistance group of their brands, many solutions but still the "code 10" error is unresolved. They said it was because of the usb driver (you need to upgrade), that the driver of the adapter is outdated, etc, etc...

I did not find any solution, and all the discussions i read was also ended unresolved, *sigh*. The next morning, I went back to CD-R King. They checked the device, IT WORKED perfectly with their PC!!! So I went home again carrying the same gadget, tried it again but still not working. That's when I realized that it might be caused of some hardware conflicts. Like the motherboard is not compatible with the adapter, etc.

I went back again to CD-R King, they were generous enough to entertain me again. This time I'm eager to get a replacement, a new brand (thinking that introducing new hardware component might be suited to my motherboard). I explained the "code 10" error. They gave me a new brand, ENCORE. Installed it at home, and alas, IT WORKED! YEHEY! I felt so lucky to resolve the "code 10" error!

In posting this write-up I'm using my PC connected to Encore wifi USB Adapter :)

Comments

Popular Posts