Mom Adventure: PAUW and Kalinga Day Care Center in UP Diliman

My son is 3.7 years old and is eager to attend school. My husband and I decided to enrol him as we believe that his social skills will be enhanced at school where he will meet kids same as his age. 

Being an alumna and an employee of UP, we first tried enrolling him to UP CDC but was not lucky enough get a slot via raffle. Instead, we got a slot at PAUW. I an paying around P19,000 for miscellaneous and tuition (monthly installment of P1,600) - note that I am a UP employee. Uniform is separately paid as well as PTA fund. 

As a junior nursery, he started attending classes on a staggerred scheduled (MWF 8-10am) from July 10-21. His regular classes starts on July 24 from 8-10:30am. Nursery classes are on a different location, near Balay Kalinaw. 

Since I am working 8am to 5pm, no nanny, our home is at North Caloocan, I needed to find a way to look for a day care center near my workplace. I learned about Kalinga Day Care Center. It offers half day and whole day classes. I immediately inquired to get a whole day slot. 

I was not easy requesting for a whole day slot. We were lucky enough that our request was granted after I narrated our situation. Kalinga's tuition is P2,700 per month for whole day class, and P2,100 for a half day class. These are rates for UP employees. Kalinga' whole day classes start from 8am to 4:30pm. Half day classes start at 8am to 11:30am or 1pm to 4:30pm. 

So my son is attending PAUW class at 8am to 10:30am then at Kalinga by 10:30am to 4:30pm. I bring him to PAUW before going to office and get him to Kalinga at 10:30am. I asked my boss for a special arrangement in order to do my work and mom duties all at the same time. It's hard but super moms can always do it for their little ones, right?!?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Would you know the basis for acceptance po? I am just curious because my son was waitlisted but no assessment or examination was done. Thank you

Popular Posts